Best SEO Services: Metrics
Website optimization should never be a one-time deal. It should be a continuous process that seeks to improve your website's performance based on the results that each round of campaign yields. In fact, one of the most important elements of an SEO program is the ability to adjust practices and strategies according to actual results. This is also why tracking data and monitoring the right results is crucial in the success of your campaign. It is likewise important to find the best SEO services that know which data and metrics to track for proper analysis of results. Optimization and marketing campaigns have unique goals, which is why it is imperative that the services you subscribe to can be tailored to meet your business' unique needs.
Unless a website has one and only one purpose, which is to generate traffic to sell ad space, SEO success shouldn't solely be based on rankings and organic traffic (although these factors are still important signals to monitor). You will have to dig deeper than just superficial traffic ratings and page rankings and look at other indicators of true success like:
1. Non-brand and Segment-brand Searches. To determine whether or not organic search drives business to a site, performance metrics acquired from non-branded queries should be specifically analyzed. Overall organic metrics may have been influenced by other marketing efforts, including offline campaigns that generate branded organic queries. To avoid incorrectly attributing these traffic spikes to SEO, you will need to exclude branded search queries and segment out non-branded searches to gain better insight into SEO performance. The best SEO services have access to analytics platforms that can effectively separate these factors for a more objective analysis of SEO. SEO can also affect branded search, when returning visitors do segment-brand queries, which is why it is important to weigh other marketing efforts and events that can impact results against these metrics.
2. Engagement and Bounce-back Rates. Search engines do not like it when traffic bounces—that is, when a visitor leaves the site immediately or without visiting a second page). Sites and pages with high bounce rate are often given lower rankings because they are deemed not useful to visitors. Engagement is also a huge factor in determining page rankings and is also a good indicator whether or not you are targeting the correct or the best keywords for your site. Most of the time, poor engagement is a result of poor keyword targeting. What you can do is substitute low-engagement keywords with more relevant alternatives that can target customers more effectively and increase engagement.
3. User Action. Rarely will a site engage in SEO only to drive search traffic. Usually, SEO is done to attract site visitors to fill out a lead form, sign up for a news letter, buy a product, or subscribe to a service. Tracking these user actions will also help you determine whether or not SEO is driving meaningful traffic to your landing pages.
All these things along with other basic metrics can help you analyze your optimization efforts and reverse-engineer your strategies to implement a better and even more successful campaign. Best Seo Services
How to Choose an SEO Marketing Services Provider
Search engine optimization is difficult. In addition to all the groundwork, keyword and market research, content generation, link building, and other technical work, it requires constant updating and monitoring to make sure your site is indexed by search engines and that your efforts are paying off in the form of high SERP ranks and good traffic. Businesses will benefit well from outsourced SEO marketing services, especially when technicalities, amount of work, inexperience, and fierce competition are getting in the way of their online success. When choosing an SEO agency to help you with your search optimization, consider the following things:
• If an SEO company's offer is too good to be true, there is a big chance that it is not true. Stay away from companies that offer outrageous guarantees like top ranks in search engines and 100% click through increase. They might be able to honor these guarantees but with shady techniques and unethical practices that might only get you banned from search engines.
• Gaining visitor traffic is the main reason for most online marketing efforts, but the truth is, not all business sites require organic search traffic to succeed. Some companies do well with just mere client referrals and word-of-mouth advertising. Search engine marketing and optimization are often more beneficial to businesses with specific products or services to sell and are competing for audience and traffic share. These are businesses that can be marketed using relevant content like articles and images.
• You want to trust your SEO work with legitimate companies that walk the talk. Once you have two or three companies that you are considering to outsource SEO marketing services to, try comparing how they themselves rank in searches. The results will be a great indicator of their worth as an SEO company, but don't put too much weight on these results as many veritable companies often don't have the time to pull their own ranks on SERPs because they are busy fixing their clients' sites. Cut them slack and try looking into testimonials and recommendations instead.
• If you can, try to get proposals from several companies so you can compare their service features and rates. This way, you can get your hands on the best deals and eliminate services that you might not need.
• Typically, your SEO company should be able to provide you with services like keyword generation and optimization, content development, generation, and optimization, domain/server evaluation, HTML accessibility analysis, link building and evaluation, and proper monitoring and review. If some basic services are missing from their offer, ask why and find out what it would cost you to have them added in.
• There are no shortcuts in SEO and it may take a long time for you to see real effects. Steer clear of companies that promise to bring you results in a matter of days. Chances are, they are fly-by-night companies who are only after your hard earned money. Choose a company that have a reasonable timeline for the service and have proper tools to measure results.
Experts in Web SEO Services Share 17 Secrets
Search engine optimization is a fundamental necessity for websites regardless of its content and purpose. Without proper optimization, you will never get the traffic that will fuel a business or that will fulfill your online goals. Whether you want to attract business or simply spread word about significant issues or an organizational cause, you will need web SEO services to help you meet such goals. Who better to learn the ins and outs of this critical web development process than the experts? We have collected valuable insights (in no particular order of significance) from four industry experts to help you improve search optimization for your own website:
Ned Poulter of Miinto has great tips about SEO tools:
1. Use Google Analytics. Google Analytics helps you understand your audience by giving you access to user-specific data.
2. Take advantage of Google Webmaster Tools. Just as Analytics helps you understand your visitors, these webmaster tools help you understand how Google interacts with your site. These tools will help you determine whether or not Google is able to crawl your pages and see how many pages the engine is able to index. Webmaster tools also help you determine whether or not internal links are recognized and whether or not external links point to your site. These tools can help you understand why search engines seem to struggle in reaching your content.
3. Recognize the value of the XML sitemap. Sitemaps are one of the most simple tools that webmasters use to make sure Google and other search engines are able to crawl and index all your content by providing their spiders and crawlers with a list of all your pages' URLs.
4. Resolve domain name issues. Make sure requested URLs redirect to the correct pages and when things get too technical, send an SOS to your web specialist for web SEO services
Freelance SEO consultant Steve Morgan has a lot to say about link building and networking
5. Interlink between sites when running multiple startups or websites, ranging from footer links to blog rolls, and about pages.
6. Link to/from social profiles. Backlinks from your company profiles on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, YouTube, and other social sites are powerful referral tools.
7. Build network offline. As important as it is to build your online network, Steve believes that offline networking still has its merits and advises website owners to attend local networking events and join startup communities within your own locality. This can lead to many PR opportunities like article contribution and guest blogging.
8. Get listed in Google Places. Its free, easy, and quick to set-up and it can help you rank well.
9. Choose your domain name wisely. Include your main keywords, your brand name, and your location to help rank in brand, keyword, and local searches.
Autotrader's search marketing manager, Dewi Nawasari, offers great insights to help you get started in SEO:
10. Make your website easily navigable to make it easier for visitors to find your company and contact details, register for your newsletter or service, and complete a sale.
11. Make content relevant and your page copies descriptive. Page descriptions are usually the first things that users see when searching for your business in search engines.
12. Make sure your core content answers basic questions like what does your business offer, how much do your services cost, and how can consumers reach you?
13. Get listed! Major search engines and directories like Yelp, Yahoo directory and Google Plus can help you become more visible to potential customers using these listings.
14. Encourage testimonials and welcome reviews. These are excellent marketing tools because smart consumers often look for recommendations from previous customers.
15. Leverage social media sites. These social platforms are not only excellent places to help market your business, but effective venues to attract business through referrals, much like on-site reviews and testimonials.
16. Initiate promotions. Offering freebies, discounts, and even tips on how to do this and that on your website or your social network profiles are a great means of getting listed in SERPs for topic searches.
17. Go mobile. In this digital age, mobile usage has grown exponentially, making mobile-ready sites a necessity especially for online businesses.
15 Reasons Why You Need an SEO Service
SEO is vital to the life of a website. While a well-designed website can function and even attract traffic without strict optimization, it can never reach its full potential and fulfill use its marketing powers as effectively as when SEO service is involved. We can list over a hundred reasons why your business or website needs SEO, but that's more than this space allows. So we have collected 15 main points:
1. SEO is a wise investment. If you still see SEO as an unnecessary cost for your business, it's high time for a change in perspective. SEO is an investment and a smart one, at that. Effective SEO pulls your ranks up in SERPs and naturally drives more business convertible traffic to your website. Compared to the returns you will receive, SEO can never be too costly.
2. SEO is crucial for marketing. Along with social media marketing, branding, and other online and offline marketing strategies, SEO is an important component that completes your marketing mechanism.
3. SEO leverages your website. It allows you to boost your website's ability to generate leads, pull-in sales, advertise, and market your business without fail 24/7.
4. SEO is a vital component of an effective website. It should be firmly embedded on your website's DNA so that search engines can easily recognize your worth, relevance, and authority in your chosen niche. SEO should be part of your website structure, URL syntax, content management system, and web design.
5. SEO works wonders in the social realm. With well written meta descriptions and title tags, it is easier for users to perceive what your content is all about, encouraging them to read, consume, and share your content within their own networks.
6. SEO gets you noticed and builds your brand. An effective SEO service helps point people to your direction, qualify your prospects, and give you relevant traffic that is likely to convert. It also builds your brand and help make you more memorable to visitors.
7. SEO is serious business. It involves complex processes that only skilled and experienced professionals can handle (most of the time), so if you don't want to waste your time in the learning curve and realize your website's worth faster, then finding an SEO service is the best move.
8. SEO builds credibility and makes your brand ubiquitous. People perceive and regard authority when they see your site on the top ranks of SERPs. Moreover, you are seen as an authority in your niche as you maintain the top spots in searches.
9. SEO is long term. Unlike online marketing solutions like PPC campaigns, that drives quick traffic, SEO may take a longer time to drive in traffic, but you can be sure that results will last long term. If your ROI can wait and you want to secure long term position on top of SERPs, then SEO is a more practical and cost-effective marketing strategy than expensive paid inclusions.
10. SEO attracts offline sales. SEO isn't only for businesses that solely operate online. It can also greatly influence purchasing decisions of your offline and local consumers. This is why offline businesses should never neglect online marketing, as websites act as a round-the-clock, multi-tasking salesperson for your business.
11. SEO drives relevant traffic. Organic search traffic is highly targeted as these people are searching for the exact business you are trying to sell. This is why you get higher conversion potential from searches.
12. SEO is measurable. No other form of marketing can be as easily monitored, measured, analyzed, evaluated, and corrected as SEO.
13. SEO gives your business the edge. With professional consultants and expert specialists on your side, you can easily dominate your niche by competitive analysis and study of your competitor's strategies, strengths and witnesses, in turn giving you the edge to beat out rivals.
14. SEO is budget-friendly and can easily be outsourced. Marketing costs through SEO is the same whether 1 in a thousand, 1 in a hundred, or 1 in every 5 visitors buys from you, which makes it one of the most cost-effective marketing means for your business. Additionally, it can easily be outsourced to experts so you have a free hand to do more important business tasks.
15. SEO is tailored, focused, and results-driven. Services can easily be worked out to meet the exact needs of your business, it is also designed with user intent, and is very results-driven, allowing long-term impact.
SEO Optimization Services – Best Practices for 2013
The SEO universe is constantly changing. This is why SEO professionals, website owners, and webmasters should always be on the lookout for current trends that can help them and their websites stay on top of SERPs. We have listed the latest trends in on-page optimization so you won't be blinded by technicalities, encoding, intimidating search engine algorithms while trying to do your own SEO or looking for good SEO optimization services for your website. One of the most important things you should remember about on-page SEO is that search engines do not just look at how your site is coded, but also at how it looks like to users, responds to different browsers and screens, and how well on-page and off-page elements interact to give robot crawlers as well as users a good experience.
1. Web design. On-page SEO shouldn't just be concerned with proper coding, keyword inclusion, and content quality. Aesthetics, navigability, and user-friendliness all play a part in the readability and consumability of the information contained in your pages.
2. Meta tags. Many SEO professionals no longer put value in meta tags ever since search engines eliminated meta keyword tags as a ranking factor. However, you shouldn't neglect their value as description tags that display what your pages are all about in SERPs. They can be used to encourage click-throughs from your human searchers.
3. Broken links. Duplicate, canonical, and broken links are huge anti-SEOs. They raise big flashing red flags for Google bots and page errors resulting from these faulty links discourage (and annoy) users.
5. Load time. You can have the best content on your site, but if your pages take time to load, search engines won't hesitate to give high ranking positions to other sites that load faster. Ranking algorithms are now designed to include factors like user satisfaction, and search engines give high value to content that is easily accessible. Tone down your widgets, JS snippets, images, and other design elements that may slow down load times.
6. Think mobile. Online users are fast migrating to mobile platforms and it's the direction that every website owner should consider taking. Having a mobile-responsive website is key to reaching out to wider audiences today. This is also why SEO optimization services nowadays no longer just focus on pure SEO but provide options for social media marketing and mobile optimization as well.
Choosing the Best Small Business SEO Services
Gone are the days when simply repeating keywords at the bottom of web pages was all it took to get top page rank on SERPs. Today, search engines are smarter than ever, constantly updating their algorithms and systems to guard against scammers and the less than ethical tricks that they use to get top ranks. These changes are often hard to keep up with and even more challenging to rise above without solid SEO work to fall back on. This is where search firms and their small business SEO services come to play. Their task is to make your web pages as search-engine friendly, useful, and relevant as possible in order to improve SERP rankings and draw more audience attention and in turn, relevant traffic to these pages. Many service providers will promise you success in SEO, but it can be hard to find the one that can truly deliver long-term success.
"Small businesses and website owners are in for a challenge, sifting through hundreds of SEO specialists that all promise beautiful things for their websites. Beware of black hat scammers dressed up as trustworthy professionals and inexperienced folks who know a thing or two about keywords and call themselves gurus," says Blackwood Productions CEO, Robert Bibb.
To save you the trouble of falling into the deceitful claws of spammers and scammers, here are some guidelines to help you find the best small business SEO services to match your needs:
• Start at the most obvious place—Google. Your search will be a lot easier if you can just Google best SEO firm and choose from the first 5 companies on the results, after all it's obvious that they practice what they preach. However, these top companies are often large-ticket firms who charge at least $50,000 per month for their services. This may even be larger than your capital when you first started your small business. A good solution would be to seek recommendations from other business owners and vendors such as yourself, frequent online forums, and check on SEO groups where you can get the best advice on good SEO services and firms that can best serve the needs of your small business. It is also best to localize your search so you can find a firm that is physically accessible or a freelance specialist with whom you can have face-to-face meetings.
• Consider your budget. You don't have to waste your hard earned money on large companies to get decent small business SEO services. There is a good chance that you will find a consultant or a small agency willing to work within your budget. Some will charge a few dollars per hour or ask for a monthly flat rate that can be very cost-effective for your cause. Others will do SEO work for free and ask for a percentage of the profit you earn with the help of their work. This is an excellent payment deal, because you can be certain that the firm will work hard to make sure you get the ROI you want.
• Be clear on bottom line goals. It is best to ask your SEO specialist or agency how much you can expect to earn after all the SEO work has paid off. They should have a concrete plan on measuring and tracking ROI after the campaign has been implemented.