5 Search Engine Optimization Company
Basics to Look For
Search optimization can be DIY-ed. However, professional consultants and agencies offer greater value to your optimization campaign, as they already know the ins and outs of the business, while you have to go through a long learning curve to master even just the basic principles of optimization. This is why you should consider hiring a search engine optimization company to make the job less intimidating and free your time up to do and focus on other business responsibilities. If you simply don't have the time to deal with your website optimization or your efforts haven't been sufficient to get the results you need, here are basic qualities to look for in a good search optimization agency that will pull your site's rankings up:
1. Experience. In the fast paced world of search, it is important that you choose a consultant or a team that has the experience in navigating constant and frequent updates that search engines put into play. You can't compromise campaign effectiveness especially in this competitive environment. To know whether or not your candidate has ample experience, ask for case studies and find out about their past successes and failures and how they were able to push through difficult times. This said, you should also go for one that keeps current with search engine best practices.
2. Presence. Along with experience, your search engine optimization company should also have good industry presence. This doesn't necessarily mean that they should lead every search query you make for "best SEO company". Rather, watch out for their regular posts and contributions on top search industry news sites or their own blog. Regular updates and content generation on topics relating to search optimization and marketing is a good sign of a reliable, experienced, and investment-worthy agency.
3. Results. Don't pay much attention to companies that promise you first page results in a specific time frame. It is simply impossible to put a number or predict the amount of time you will need to dedicate to SEO in order to get high ranking for a single or all your targeted keyword phrases. Instead, you should find out how your candidate agency intends to measure the success or failure of your campaign. This can be through monitoring traffic, conversion levels, and backlinks.
4. Reviews. A good way to know about your prospect company's caliber is by checking in with their previous clients. Frequent review sites, and you will find great recommendations and critiques for search optimization companies. This will give you a good idea of which agencies to consider and which ones to steer clear of.
5. Pricing. Consultancy fees and service rates are also an important consideration, especially when you run a small business with a limited marketing budget. Factor in the cost of the service when making your decision so you won't end up paying more than you need to for an effective search optimization campaign. There are numerous companies offering good services for a fraction of the price that large scale agencies ask for.